Installation Guide for Yoast SEO Premium
Upgrade from free version
If you are upgrading from the free version, please delete all the previous version of Yoast from your website. Once deleted, you only need to install the premium version of Yoast SEO from our website. The premium version will automatically install the required free version.
Install premium plugin
Installing the premium version is a little different than the free version because it’s a downloadable plugin and not one found in the free WordPress plugin repository. To install Yoast SEO Premium, go to Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin to browse for the zipped file and click Install Now.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be on your ‘Dashboard’. On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘Plugins’.
- If you are upgrading from the free version, please remove the free version before installing premium.
- The ‘Plugins’ settings will expand providing you additional options. Click on ‘Add New’.
- Click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button near the top of the screen.
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button. Browse to the folder where you saved the plugin download and select the plugin zip file.
- Click ‘Install Now’. This takes a while so be patient.
- If you get an error message like “file is too large” or “The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini” you can contact your host.
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’.
- Congrats, you are done.
***Please open a ticket in our support system (https://www.gpltimes.com/support/) for any installation related issues.